Sustainability is defined by the Environmental Protection Agency as "an attempt to provide the best outcomes for the human and natural environments both now and into the indefinite future." Here at North Bay Produce, our daily decisions are based on some of the most basic principles or thoughts on sustainability which are shared by many.
- Sustainability is an attempt to merge ecology and economy into one system.
- Sustainability means living a life of dignity in harmony with nature.
- Sustainability means renewing resources at a rate equal to or greater than the rate at which they are consumed.
- Sustainability means living within the resources of the planet without damaging the environment now or in the future.
- Sustainability means creating an economic system that provides for quality of life while renewing the environment and its resources.
- A sustainable community is one that resembles a living system where all of the resources (human, natural and economic) are renewed and in balance for perpetuity.
- Sustainability is creating a world where everyone can have fulfilling lives and enjoy a rich level of well-being within the limits of what nature can provide.
- Sustainability means taking the long-term view of how our actions effect future generations and making sure we don't deplete resources or cause pollution at rates faster than the earth is able to renew them.